Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Make Time--to practice what I preach

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. . ." Ecclesiates 3:1 (NIV)

Nothing is as far away as one minute ago. ~ Jim Bishop

My mother always used to question, "Where does all the time go?" As a child, I thought it was kind of silly. After all, there were seconds and minutes and they made up hours and hours made up a day. The hands on the watch went around and around. That's where time went--or so I rationalized.

Now, as an adult with grown children, I wonder the same thing. It goes, but where? It gets used up, but for what? And the worst part, once it's gone you can't get it back. I like to "preach" that you need to make time for the important things. Don't just take time out, but plan ahead. I've tried to do that--make time, but it's a slippery critter and often slides stealthily through the cracks of life never to be recovered. I find myself needing to practice what I preach.

The nice thing about time is that you usually get a chance to face a new day and start fresh. I'm planning to take advantage of my new fresh day and get those encouragement cards in the mail, make a phone call, and remember to greet my husband warmly when he steps through the door tonight to let him know he's appreciated.

©2006 Karen Robbins

Blogarama - The Blog Directory