Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Inspiring Words

"Therefore encourage each other with these words."
I Thessalonians 4:18

"I know that faith made my life possible and that of many others like me...Reason hardly warranted Anne Sullivan's attempt to transform a little half-human, half-animal, deaf-blind child into a complete human being. Neither science nor philosophy had set such a goal, but faith, the eye of love did. I did not know I had a soul. Then God in a wise heart drew me out of nothingness with cords of human love and the life belt of language, and lo, I found myself. In my doubly shadowed world, faith gives me a reason for trying to draw harmony out of a marred instrument. Faith is not a cushion for me to fall back upon; it is my working energy." -Helen Keller, Let Us Have Faith, 1940

If God could reach through the silence and darkness that was Helen Keller's world, certainly He can reach into anyone's life. He can reach into your life through "the cords of human love and the life belt of language." He can also use you to encourage another.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory