Thursday, June 22, 2006

Laugh--often

"And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. "
Gen 21:5-6 (KJV)


"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." - Sebastian R. N. Chamfort

Not only did Sarah laugh at the prospect of being a mother at her age, I'll bet she had a lot of laughs to follow as she watched her son grow and explore his world. This morning I checked my daughters-in-law's blogs. One wrote of my son and his escapades in fixing the air conditioner in their car. I laughed as I read of my child's attempts and final success and his promise to his wife that "ice cubes will come out of the vents."

My other daughter-in-law wrote of another clever response from her son--one of many she is documenting in her daily blog. I laugh with each new adventure in her day as she explores the world through the eyes of a preschooler.

Humor is uplifting. Laughter is encouraging. Look for the humor in what your day brings and laugh. It really is the best medicine.

(Copyright 2006 Karen Robbins)

Blogarama - The Blog Directory