Friday, June 30, 2006

Express Appreciation

"Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!" 1 Thess 5:13 (MSG)

Feeling grateful to or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life. - Christiane Northrup, M.D.

Reinforcing positive behavior in children is something most of us are familiar with. I watched my daughters-in-law at work this week doing that very thing with my grandchildren. "I like it when you sing quietly. It's pretty." "I like it when you use your fork instead of your hand." Words of appreciation prompted our preschool grandkids to behave appropriately.

Words of appreciation are important to adults as well. They tell us we are loved, respected, and valued. They are the fuel some need to go farther, work harder, and enjoy life more. They are the sparks that encourage a soul to greatness.

I like it when you encourage someone with a smile, make time to stop, initiate a conversation, laugh with them, and express appreciation.

(Copyright 2006 Karen Robbins)

Blogarama - The Blog Directory