Friday, June 23, 2006

Extol--Praise God

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever." Psalms 145:2

I have had but one passion, and I have lived for it - the absorbingly arduous yet glorious work of proclaiming the grace and love of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. -John Henry Jowett

Yesterday afternoon was disasterous. Rain came down in a torrent for about 45 minutes. The storm sewers overflowed into the waste sewers and most of the homes on our strees, including ours, had filthy water in the basement. I should have been devastated as I waded through it all to try to save what I could. But my patience surprised me. My calmness was almost shocking even when the treadmill decided to start up on its own and I had to knock the plug out of the socket to stop it.

God's grace is hard to define sometimes. Yesterday I think I experienced it through all of the nastiness of the afternoon. His grace was enough to see me through the emergency until my husband made it home through the flooded streets. His grace sustained us both as we learned how bad the damages are. His grace encouraged me to face what lies ahead--the clean up--and know that He will get me through it, step by step.

Praise His name.

(Copyright 2006 Karen Robbins)

Blogarama - The Blog Directory